1. If 10+x is 5 more than 10, what is the value of 2x ?
(A)-5 (B) 5 (C) 10 (D) 25 (E) 50
2. If(x -2)2 =49, then x could be
(A) -9 (B) -7 (C) 2 (D) 5 (E) 9
3. If this page was folded along the dotted line in the figure above, the left half of the letter W would exactly coincide with the right half of W. Which of the following letters, as shown, CANNOT be folded along a vertical line so that its left half would coincide with its right half?
(A) A (B) I (C) O (D) U (E) E
4. In a certain store, the regular price of a refrigerator is $600. How much money is saved by buying this refrigerator at 20 percent off the regular price rather than buying it on sale at 10 percent off the regular price
with an additional discount of 10 percent off the sale price?
(A) $6 (B) $12 (C) $24 (D) $54 (E) $60
6. Based on the portions of the graphs of the functions f and g shown above, what are all values of x between -6 and 6 for which g x f x ?
(A) -6 < x <-3 only (B) -3 < x < 0 only (C) 0 < x < 3 only
(D) 3 < x < 6 only (E) -6 < x < -3 and 0 < x < 3